What is Preform ?
Preform is to form or shape a product to a preliminary shape and size. In easy words for PET Preforms the PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) material is formed to a shape which is like moulded to a specific shape which is then afterwards blown to a bottle in the blowing machine.
There is one characteristic of PET preform, which is the product that made from it will be clear and transparent. The surface is smooth and sparking, which can attract the buyer´s attention. This makes the PET preform a delicate product. On the other hand, although the PET preform can create a similar sensation just like glass. It’s not fragile as glass. The wall is strong and tough, which appears on the container.
Which Features make PET Preforms with Best quality.
- Uniform Wall Thickness and excellent Surface Finish
- Low AA Levels, as per prescribed Global Standards
- Accurate Thread Finish, for better Closure Fitting
- No Split Lines on Preforms for Better Finish on Bottles
PET Preform Injection Molding Process
Injection molding process is one of the popular processes for manufacturing bulk quantities of preforms. It consists of three major steps:
1. Drying: Hopper drying is the most commonly used method of removing humidity from PET. Hopper dryers have autoloaders where PET is conveyed continuously for an even drying. Dehumidifier method uses a closed loop system and brings excellent surface finish and physical properties. It uses a closed loop system to achieve drying of PET in an unvarying way.
2. Melting: When the screw is pushed forward, injection cavity gets filled up completely with molten plastic. There is a temperature difference of around 8 to 10 degree celsius at the front and rear end of injection molding machine. They are typically 270 to 275 degrees and 280 to 285 degrees respectively. Temperature may vary based on the design of the mold and other technical specifications. Molten PET gets entered through the cavities and cooled slowly to solidify it.
3. Cooling and molding: Temperature is maintained in such a way that PET gets solidify in a consistent manner. Cooling water is used to bring down the temperature of the mold. Since the temperature is quite low (around 15 to 20 degree Celsius), internal pressure has to be maintained properly to avoid breakage or deformities. A water chiller is used for cooling preforms under controlled pressure of 5Bar. An automated gripper takes out cooled preforms and deposit to conveyer belts. Preforms get ejected from the mold and send to either packaging or re-heating if they have to be sent for blowing process immediately.
Why Choose our preforms?
We are taking care of all the aspects that are a big problem in blowing stage later on. All the PET Preforms are crafted to perfection and no compromise has been done on the quality of the PET Preform.